Read prior to using insulated tools
The insulation on AMPCO tools is impact resistant and flame retardant. Each tool should be inspected prior to use for cuts, cracks, or other damage. If the yellow insulation becomes visible through the orange outer layer, the tools should be removed from service immediately.
AMPCO insulated tools are to be used as secondary protection and are not meant to be used in place of other personal protective equipment.
Whenever possible, de-energize lines and equipment prior to working on or around them.
AMPCO insulated tools:
- Comply with the IEC 900 standard
- Comply with the ASTM F1505-01 standard
- Help you meet the requirement of OSHA in their Safety Related Work Practices and NFPA 70E standard.
AMPCO tools are:
- Tested to 10,000 VAC and rated for 1,000 VAC when working on live parts.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Marked with the international safety symbol:
If there are any questions concerning our products, contact us, toll free at 1-800-580-9835.